Saturday, May 12, 2007

PLEASE can anyone help? Paralyzed 2 year old dachshund to be put to sleep monday

 

Hello,

I have a 2 & 1/2 year old dachshund named Elf. This past Saturday he
collapsed and he could not use his back legs and has no control of his
urinary or bowel functions. I took him to the Columbus, Ga animal
emergency clinic and they took x-rays, then told me I would need at
least $3000.00 for surgery. I am on a fixed income and could not
afford this. So they put him on Prednisone. I have been trying to
take care of him but I am not able to give him the proper care he
will need. I am giving him baths every few hours but he has now
developed rashes from the urine. I am using training pads and
baby diapers to try to keep him dry, it is not working. He is also
constipated and in discomfort. I called the vets office and was told
there is nothing they can do for him, they receptionist told me to
give him some pumpkin and it would help, however it has not worked so
far. At this point I am afraid if I cannot find someone who can take
care of him I will have to have him put to sleep. Is there anyway
your Resue group can help Elf? He is extremely loveable and gets
along well with children and other dogs.

My contact information is Christine Shotts

Phone # 706-464-8576

I live in Smiths Station, Alabama 36877

Thank you,

Christine Shotts

.

__,_._,___

No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help