Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Please help me help my puppy

http://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2009-01-27.1789789151/image_maxi

I
adopted my 11 month old labbe puppy ( Labrador / Beagle ) mix from a
rescue when he was 3 months old. He is the greatest dog in the world. I
can't believe that he was almost put down. (BTW this particular shelter
GASSES dogs!!!!) He had severe food intolerances and ear infections.
After a lot of time, patience, and vet visits, he is as good as gold.
Almost. Unfortunately, he developed a luxating patella. Basically, his
kneecap is dislocated and hangs outside of his knee socket. It is
extremely painful for him. He mostly hops on three legs. His bent leg
is shown in the picture. It stays in that position. If let go, the
problem will go worse and he will likely become lame at some point. I
have found a surgeon who can do the surgery but it costs at least $1800
for the surgery, not including x-rays, follow up, etc. I have some
money left in my account, but like most of us in this economy, I am
struggling. My parents and a few friends have offered to help but I am
still $600 short. I am desperate for him to have this surgery so that
he won't use the use of his leg. Please help us. Any help is so
appreciated.

If you can help please visit: http://www.fundable.com/groupactions/groupaction.2009-01-27.1789789151

No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help