Saturday, February 16, 2008

I WISH for help so my ServiceDog, Zeke, Could Get A Cataract Operation



CLICK HERE to donate towards Zeke's cataract care


Zeke has had quite the life! He was an abused and abandoned dog, about
to be put down in an hour when he was rescued by a Christian
organization that trained Search and Rescue dogs. He spent two years
with them, learning obedience, agility and SAR. They say he was the
best at finding dead bodies, but then he would chase rabbits and
squirrels. Apparently that's what he ate before being placed in a
shelter.



Zeke was retrained and became my service dog. I have myasthenia gravis
and lupus. He is primarily a mobility dog, keeping me from falling,
helping me up from chairs and he tries to make me walk in a straight
line :-)



Zeke developed diabetes in 2005. I give him insulin shots twice a day
and he does well. A complication has been cataracts. He needs them
removed. I live on SSI disabilty and cannot afford that. I'm hoping
someone can help Zeke see well again. He certainly deserves it! Zeke is
a wonderful service dog, loved by all that meet him. It would probably
kill Zeke to retire him. He is an Australian shepherd with a strong
drive to work. He has many good years left.



The two pages of pictures are from when we lived in an underground
house on an organic farm in Vermont. Now Zeke, Aleka the cat and I live
in an apartment in Lakeland, Florida.

peaceandcarrots.homestead.com/ZekePics.html | peaceandcarrots.homestead.com/Zekepics2.html

No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help