Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cooter needs Surgery....Please Help



CLICK HERE to pledge your donation to help Cooter.

This pup has a real chance $600 has been raised so far...He still needs $1000


My
dog was hit by a car last weekend when I took my daughter to see her
grandmother, only gone for about 4 hours. A wonderful woman stopped on
the side of the road and picked her up and took her to the Hwy 34
Animal Hospital. After a week of recooperating, we have found out that
her hip is out of socket ($1500) and her right knee needs to have
surgery ($600). Cooter has always been an outside dog. She is a cross
between an Irish Wolf Hound and a Lab, she is not a small dog. She was
raised around horses and cattle. This is how she was when I got her.
She usually stays in the yard, and I have never had a problem
before.This dog is such a wonderful dog. She is a frisbee dog, and love
to go duck hunting. The only reason she was hit by a car, is she was
walking the property - and someone veered and hit her. She was not in
the road, she was just on the edge of it. There are plenty of witnesses
that saw it happen. She is only about 3 years old, and still has alot
of life left in her. Please help..... I am a single parent of 2 kids, I
do have other dogs that are inside dogs - and Cooter is their buddy,
but she is use to staying outside. She keeps the coyotes away from our
house, and just the sweetest thing. She greets me at my car everyday
when I come home with her frisbee in her mouth. Please - any amount
will be helpful.


**Please be honest - if you saw a dog on the side of the road, wouldn't you swerve NOT to hit it? I would, and have.



You can verify with Dr. Snyder at 972-524-5552



UPDATE 2/11/08



Her spirits are up. She is not in any pain right now, he is keeping
her on pain medication - but she just can't get around. She is so use
to running and playing. - When I go to see her, she wags her tail, and
since she can't use her back legs yet, she tried to scoot out the cage
to go with me. She really wants to come home. Of course that is after
about 20 mins of me patting her belly. As soon as we come up with the
money for the surgery, we can get it done. Then she will be that much
closer to coming home.


Where she is:

Hwy 34 Animal Hospital

David Snyder DVM

310 S. Virginia St

Terrell, TX 75160

972-524-5552

No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help