Sunday, August 26, 2007

VERY URGENT - Blackwood, NJ - "PEANUT" - paralyzed little CHI is out of time !!!

CONTACT:
 
Heather Speeks
 
CamCoShelter@yahoo.com (@yahoo.com) - email is checked frequently !!
 
 
Hi All-  I am passing this on for a friend who is trying very hard to 
help this little one. Please cross post and help send out to anyone 
you can think of who might want to help Peanut who really deserves a 
chance! Please do not email me back if you can help because I am away 
for the next week- and that is all that Peanut has left. Please email 
Heather below. Thanks!!



Dear Fellow Rescue Workers -

My name is Heather and I am the Rescue Coordinator for Camden 
County Animal Shelter.  I am desperately seeking help for a little 
girl named Peanut!


Peanut was found by an Animal Control Officer in Camden, back legs
paralyzed,
scratching to get into the door of the crack house where she
was living.  Animal Control took her to the emergency vet where she has
been ever since.  Unfortunately, they have done all they can for Peanut.
Her paralysis is unable to be corrected and she does not have use of her
bowels - She must be expelled, like a puppy.


They are guessing Peanut is about five years old, but she could be
younger and have had such a bad diet that her teeth make her appear
five.  She is a very happy little girl and the wonderful folks at the
hospital made her a cart and she gets around great!
  She is very much
full of life!


We are unable to take Peanut to our Shelter.  We simply don't have the
resources to give her the care and attention that she needs.  The
hospital can no longer keep her and we have until Labor Day to find a
place for her.  They won't be able to give us an extension on that
time frame.

We don't have very much time to try and save this girl!  When the
hospital contacted me, my heart broke, and I am trying everything
possible to save her from euthanasia.  Please, if you cannot help Peanut
yourself, cross-post this story and her pretty pictures!
  All medical
records will be made available and my contact at the hospital will be
happy to answer any questions.
  I can be reached at
CamCoShelter@yahoo.com (@yahoo.com)  and I check E-mail extremely frequently.

Thank you for caring about Peanut and all you do for the dogs!

Heather Speeks
Rescue Coordinator
Camden County Animal Shelter
Blackwood, NJ




1 comment:

The Captain said...

I really, really hope that this poor dog gets saved. I'd take her in a second if I didn't already have three. I'm doing what I can to forward this story.

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help