Friday, August 17, 2007

Neutered Deaf Dog in Dallas-Ft. Worth, TX needs a home.

I am trying to find someone to take a dog that I found about a week ago.  My neighbor first found the dog with a blind cord wrapped around his neck. He cut the cord and started feeding the dog outside. He said he was reluctant to call animal control for fear they would put him to sleep. He is a very good dog. But he is deaf. I noticed him outside my apartment, panting so I went outside to take him some water and his back was towards me. I whistled and called to him but he never turned around. He walked in the middle of the street and just stood there. I had to get in front of him where he could see me, then he followed me to my apt. I've had him here for about 5 days and he is certainly deaf. He is a mixed breed, medium size, red & white. He has been neutered and despite being deaf is a very good dog. I have a 2 1/2 year old son who he is very gentle with. If I'm asleep and he needs to go out h nudges my bed until I wake up. So he is house trained.
I worked for a Veterinarian for 8 years and my mother runs the humane society in Little Rock , Ar. So being an animal lover I hate to see this dog put down. He is very sweet. My apartment complex does not allow pets but after meeting him the manager has agreed to let him stay until I can find someone to take him. She walks him during the day when I am at work.
I know nothing about his medical history only his personality. My guess is that a man abused him because he is a little more cautious of men. Women he goes up to with no hesitation, tail wagging.
If you can help please e-mail me or feel free to call me at
Michelle Cantrell
817-723-8374
my e-mail at work is

No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help