Wednesday, January 07, 2009

I WISH to find help so that I can give my rescue dog a much needed surgery

http://images.wishuponahero.com/wishes/2009/1/7/61a0c590b0b561b378922693602bfbb4.jpg



Hi. I have a dog that I adopted from a shelter in Utah in February of
2008. She came in off the streets as an abandoned stray. She was thin,
scared, and sick with mange that had made her partially bald on her
back. I had been going to the shelter to walk the dogs nearly every day
and fell in love with this little black pit-bull mix. The shelter had
made the hard decision to euthanize her due to her poor health which
made her “unadoptable”. I decided to take her home and give
her a second chance. I named her Oakley, after the great Annie Oakley.
She made a very quick recovery from the mange and kennel cough. She
went through a stint of other medical issues but with some vet care and
lots of love she overcame them all. Now, however, she has a medical
issue that I simply cannot pay for on my own. She has torn several
ligaments in her back leg/knee and needs extensive orthopedic surgery.
The veterinarian that administered the exam and x-rays estimated that
the surgery will cost $3,500-$5,500. That estimate doesn’t even
include the follow-up exams and rehabilitation therapy that Oakley will
need. If she doesn’t get this surgery it will shorten her life
dramatically because as soon as she tears the ligaments in the other
back leg due to the extra stress that is put on it there may be nothing
else anyone can do for her. I am desperate and I don’t want to
lose the dog whose life I saved just a year ago. I think she is almost
2 years old but perhaps a little younger and she has so much life still
left in her. I know she is going to be costly with her lifetime
supplements but she is worth it. I just can't imagine losing her now.
After all these treatments and months together she deserves to have
this surgery. I hate that I can't take care of her by myself because so
far I have been able to. I saved her life once but now I need others to
help me save her life once again. Thank you for reading this and I will
forever be thankful for any help you can offer

If you can help please visit: http://www.wishuponahero.com/wishes/?id=66997


No comments:

Please Visit Us!

Get Posts By Email

Enter your email address 

My Headlines

Special Pets Who Need Your Help